Vintage Dress Form Heart Necklace, by Debbie Cole, CDA
- Stampendous Supplies-
- Stampendous® Fran’s Stack Art Stamps, Angel Wings Collection, Hand Writing stamp
- Stampendous® Perfectly Clear Cling Stamps, #SSC1193 Charmed Art
- Stampendous® Acrylic Clear Handle- Small
- Stampendous® Glitter, Gold
ICE Resin Supplies
- ICE Resin® Art Mechanique- Large Square Bezel, antique bronze
- ICE Resin®, Two Part Resin
- DecoArt Americana® Acrylic Paint-Cocoa, Lamp Black, Traditional Raw Sienna, Traditional Burnt Umber
- DecoArt Deco-Page
- Brushes- #8 shader, #3 Round
- Cosmetic Sponge Wedges ( without oils or lotions)
- White Card Stock
- palette paper
- paper towel
- all purpose glue
- cogs, gears, and chain of choice
- antique bronze jump rings and lobster claw closure
- craft sticks
- disposable measuring cups
- detail scissors
1.Place the hand writing stamp onto an acrylic handle. Dampen a cosmetic sponge and remove as much water as possible. Pour a puddle of Traditional Raw Sienna out on the palette paper. Pounce the sponge into the paint and then on a clean area of the palette. When you look at the bottom of the sponge it should be covered by paint but you should still be able to see the texture of the sponge. Pounce the sponge onto the stamp and stamp on the card stock. Create a wash with thinned Traditional Raw Sienna and wash over the hand writing. Allow to dry.
2. Trace the heart bezel with a pencil. Cut out. Apply Traditional Raw Sienna to the small scroll charm from the clear stamp set. Stamp this around the outer perimeter of the heart to create a lacy distressed look. Allow to Dry. Seal front and back of card stock heart with DecoArt Deco-Page. Cut lace to fit into bezel and seal the with glue. Place paper into bezel along with the lace and a few watch gears.
3. Mix Ice Resin according to manufacturer’s instruction and pour small amount into the bezel. It should cover the entire bottom and all the items in the bezel Allow to harden.
4. Stamp the dress form and sewing machine onto light brown card stock with Lamp Black. Seal items as above. Place and glitter into bezel. Mix more ICE Resin and fill bezel. Allow to harden.
5. Add charms, cogs, and chain of choice using jump rings.
I hope you enjoyed creating this necklace and that you will experiment with all the charm stamps and other Art Mechanique bezel shapes to create jewelry for all your favorite outfits! Also, if you haven’t connected with me, I would be honored if you would subscribe to my blog or stop by my Facebook page at Debbie Cole Designs.
Now follow along on the hop by clicking on this link Stampendous/ Ice Resin Blog Hop