Hi Everyone! Spring is in the air here today so I thought I would share this cute Chick Votive Holder with all of you. It is so much fun and easy to do so please join me for this tutorial!
I love creating seasonal themed projects for my home and thought this Spring Chick Votive Holder would make a very cute decoration for Spring. My heart just melted when I saw these cute little chick stamps by Stampendous. I used my Stamp & Wash technique for the entire project so it is fun and easy to do, too!
Spring Chick Votive Holder
Stampendous® – CRN262 Cling Chick Parade, CRV316 Cling Babushka Chick, and CRQ222 Cling Mother Hen stamps
Stampendous®- Vintage note stamp
Stampendous® -medium and large acrylic handle
DecoArt Americana acrylic paints- Blue Chiffon, Coral Blush, Coral Shell, Hi-Lite Flesh, Lamp Black, Mint Julep Green, Moon Yellow, Salem Blue, Spa Blue, Snow White, Victorian Blue
Brushes- Flats, #3 round, and #00 liner.
Surface- Viking Woodcrafts, Inc , wood votive holder
Faber Castell Artist Pitt Pen XS, Black
1. Prepare the wood votive holder with sealer, sand lightly, then wipe with dampened cheese cloth. Basecoat the entire holder with Snow White.
2. Stamp all the images with Lamp Black. Once dry, basecoat behind the images in the front and back of the holder with Hi-Lite Flesh, the sides with Mint Julep Green, and the top with Blue Chiffon.
3. Create a wash of color using water with Spa Blue for the light blue areas, Salem Blue for the dark blue areas, Moon Yellow for the yellow areas, Mint Julep Green for the green areas, and Hi- Lite Flesh for the coral areas. Wash all of the areas using a #3 round brush or a small flat brush. Allow the washes to dry then shade with full strength paint of the same colors as the washes. To the dark blue areas add a second shade of Victorian Blue.
4. Add lines for grass blades with the Pitt Artist Pen.
5. Coat the entire surface with one application of Matte Varnish. Allow to dry. Stamp the vintage note to the front and sides with Snow White. Immediate wipe away any text off of the images with a dampened flat brush. Stamp the text to the top of the holder with Salem Blue.
Thank you so much for joining me today. If you would like to get my blog posts directly to your email, please subscribe to my blog. Also, I would love to connect with you. I would be honored if you would stop by my and like my Facebook Page at Debbie Cole Designs so that you can get all my posts. Simply click on the highlighted link and go to my page. Click on the “Like” button and then also on the arrow next to it. When the drop down window appears click on “Get Notifications”. This will allow you t get all my posts to my page.
I am so excited to share that I now have a You Tube Channel at the Debbie Cole Channel. I would love for you to subscribe. I plan on having many How to and DIY videos for you to enjoy! Please note that if you do not know how to subscribe, simply click on my Playlists by my channel and click on the “You Tube Help” video. It will guide you through the process.
Also, for those of you who would like to connect with me in my Facebook group Creative Innovations, please join us! February’s theme is Finishing the UFO’s. In March we will be talking about ATC’s and having a Pocket Letter exchange so please stop by and join us!