Hi Everyone, I have a fun tutorial and video to share with you today on how to create Doodle Art paper pendants! I demoed this at CHA and everyone loved it.
Stampendous® – Die Cut Frans frames
Dreamweaver® stencil- #LL526
Faber Castel®- Artist Pitt Pen, XS Black, Artist Penn Big Brush, Deep Scarlet, Light Cobalt Turquoise #154, Light Green #171, Magenta #133, Pink Madder Light #129, Scarlet Red #118
DecoArt®-Triple Thick Varnish
Krylon® Spray Fixative
#3 round brush or aqua brush
eyehook, chain, beads, “c” rings
Heavy weight mixed media paper, chip board, or cereal boxes
Magnetic craft sheet
1. Cut seven pieces of mixed media paper from the Fran’s Framlet’s die.
2. Place one of the cut outs onto a magnetic craft sheet and place the metal stencil over the paper. The stencil should stay in place, but I secure it with tape.
3. Mix Deep Scarlet, Pink Madder Lake, and Scarlet Lake on a craft sheet until it becomes a rose color. Colorize the bird and tulips with this color using a dampened #3 round brush or an aqua brush. Randomly colorize the leaves and branches with Light Green, Light Cobalt Turquoise, and Magenta. Add additional shades to the bird with Deep Scarlet and then Magenta.
4. Using the “XS” Black Artist Pen line the images by following the edges of the stencil. When doe, fill in the white negative space with doodle. I simple used little circles, but you can use any pattern you would like.
5. Glue two groups of three framelet papers together. Add an eye hook on the top and bottom an then glue the two groups together to form the pendant base.
6. Lightly spray the doodle framelet paper with fixative, allow to dry, then glue onto pendant. Color the sides of the pendant black.Coat the pendant with Triple Thick Varnish or a high gloss varnish of choice.
7. Add the necklace and beads to the necklace.
I know that written instructions can be hard to follow sometimes so I put a video together for you. Simply click on the photo below to watch how I created the necklace.
Also I am excited to announce the WINNER of Debbie’s Giveaway from January 20th!
DRUM ROLL PLEASE………………the winner is Arlene Rounce! Congratulations Arlene!